Thursday, June 24, 2010

World Cup: Match 37 - England vs. Slovenia

England exacted justice upon the Slovenians, who had the audacity to claim the US really did not score a 3rd goal against them and had actually deserved to lose! I would have loved to see her majesty's "lions" exit the World Cup early without so much as a growl, but they finally got their shit together long enough to score on one end and not concede on the other. I didn't watch the game (obviously), but I will be there when they (bash their) face (against) Germany. Sadly, I fear the English won't put up the fight that a Germany-England match up deserves. They are the worst team in the tournament by a furlong, a unit of distance equal to 220 yards.
Joke of the Day: After boldly claiming, "England can still win this World Cup...And no, I haven't gone crazy," before the game, Fabio Capello used this weak 1-0 victory to say 'I told you so.' Yes, England can still win this World Cup...in the most literal definition of can. Maybe Capello was just demonstrating his mastery of English grammar, which is almost as good as his fashion sense. Observe...
This man parties...err, coaches like a rock star.

















Anyone notice the resemblance?





















And let's not forget his first name is Fabio for a reason...


And now the 10th hit I got when Google image searching "Fabio Capello glamor shot." I couldn't resist...

No comments:

Post a Comment